JEWISH QUARTER WITH INTERIORS
Our licensed tour guides will take you through the rich history of Prague’s Jewish Quarter. Not only you will pass the streets of medieval ghetto but we also visit the interiors of all the synagogues as well as the Old Jewish Cemetery. You will be guided by our professional guides who obtained the official guided licenses from the Jewish Quarter Department after completing the course.
- The tour starts in the Maisel Synagogue, where you will learn about the medieval history of the Jewish ghetto.
- You will learn about the recent history of the Jewish Enlightenment and WW2 in the Spanish Synagogue, which was built in decorative moorish style
- Pinkas Synagouge serves as a memorial to the Jewish people who were killed by Nazis during the Second World War. Here we will remember the victims of holocaust.
- The Old Jewish Cemetery will bring a few centuries back in time and we will pass 12000 grave stones and remember some of the important figures of the Jewish Quarter, such as Rabbi Lowi known as Maharal or Mordechai Maisel.
- The Jewish burial society (Chevra Chadis) had seat in the Ceremonial hall, which we will also visit.
- Last place of the Jewish Museum is the Klausen Synagogue, where we learn about the Jewish feasts and traditions.
- If you wish we can include the interior of the Old-New Synagogue, the oldest active synagogue in the world.
- Please, reserve your spot at least 24 hours in advance and wait for the confirmation.
- The entry fee to the Jewish Museum is 350 CZK (14 EUR) and it covers Maisel Synagogue, Spanish Synagogue, Pinkas Synagogue, Old Jewish Cemetery, Ceremonial Hall and Klausen Synagogue
- The entry fee to the Old-New Synagogue is 200 CZK (8 EUR)